Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Spirit of John

It feels like August is 'John Frazee' month...that's because IT WAS! We've had a lot going on this month and I'm sooooo glad it's over! We had another ceremony in which my Dad was the center of attention. (He would hate this btw) CHSM (Complete High School Maize) has been working on a fund raiser for a sculpture in which my Dad had was the basically the center. CHSM is the 'alternative' school in the district. He was a huge part of getting Complete started and when he died he wanted the money to go to the school instead of flowers, etc. They have been raising money since 2004!

What a ceremony...Everyone had the nicest things to say about him. This was probably the hardest thing to attend in the past few years. I couldn't hold the tears or sobs back this time...thank goodness it was outside!


What a great great thing this is...I know the students of CHSM look up to him as we do, even if they didn't know him. He's the 'spirit' of the school! I can't even say in words what that means to me.

'Little John'
The people who've given...

1 comment:

Laurab said...

Your dad was an amazing man and did so much for his community and his family and friends. I feel so blessed and honored to have known him and known him well. He will never be forgotten by anyone and especially the high school. He is truly missed by many and I doubt there is a day he doesn't cross a Bianco mind.

Related Posts with Thumbnails