Sunday, July 19, 2009

Band Office clean up

Grant has a new adventure this year. He'll be co-directing the Maize High School band program with Bryan Kirk. This is a pretty big undertaking considering the last band director burned all of his bridges with EVERONE! I'm so glad Grant has been around, so the kids know him and seem to really like him. One of the first orders of business was to get rid of the horrible cow/cow spots. Of course they boys don't seem to know HOW to paint, so I ended up painting myself. I know that the pictures don't reflect this last statement, but it's true! They seem to be working hard, but it's more like sitting around chit-chatting!
I'm pretty excited about this HS takeover...mainly because I get to work with the drum majors. I guess it's nice to know that I'm not just a wife and mother/housekeeper and babysitter. Now, don't get me wrong, I LOVE LOVE LOVE being at home with the kids, but it is nice to be able to use my skills in something that I'm good at!






And of course while we were there, the kids got bored and asked to get INSIDE the band lockers. They LOVE the band lockers!! I only wish we had these at home!! ;-)






1 comment:

Dina said...

Hey, Can Grant get me some of those 'lockers' too? :-) Love it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails