
I decided to do something simple and tasty for the KDO workers this year. Kids Day Out for those of you who don't know is where I work. It's at Eastminster Presbyterian Church. My kids get to go for free (basically) and I get to make a little money and get to talk to other adults! Morgan also goes to Preschool there...anyway....I like to make a food gift at Christmas for all of the teachers. I like this better then 'stuff' because you eat it and it's gone. I'm not a fan of 'stuff' especially when it's just junk! And we all know I love food!
This recipe came from The Wichita Eagle Annual Cookbook. It's pretty tasty if you like chocolate cake!
This recipe came from The Wichita Eagle Annual Cookbook. It's pretty tasty if you like chocolate cake!
4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
3 tablespoons chocolate chips
Put flour, sugar and cocoa in a plastic bag. Place in a large mug. Put chocolate chips in a separate bag..place in mug with other ingredients.
Include instructions for the person receiving the mug:
Combine dry ingredients for sealed bag in the mug. Mix well. Add 3 tablespoons milk, 3 tablespoons oil, 1 egg, a splash of vanilla and the chocolate chips. Mix all ingredients well. (I suggest a whisk because you will have 'cooked egg' in your cake if not mixed VERY well...trust me!) Put mug in microwave for 3 minutes. Cake will rise over top of mug but will not run down the side. Take your mug out of the microwave and allow it cool. Best when eaten hot. Enjoy!

My big helper!!!









No comments:
Post a Comment