I just got the news that one of my oldest and dearest friends Dad passed away.
This is always hard to hear.
My heart goes out to her. I UNDERSTAND her pain. I know all too well what it's like to lose your Dad at such a young age. It is just as hard at 25 as it is at 30.
As soon as she told me, my mind had flashbacks to my own Dad.
This is so hard to write about.
I'm always trying to suppress the memories of the last days, but when something like this happens, then they all come rushing back.
My friend knew my Dad very well and was always a big part of my life.
I may not have known her Dad as well as she knew mine, but it doesn't make it any less sad.
A Dad is a Dad. Not just a Father.
I'll be doing a lot of praying for her and her Mom. My heart aches for her because I UNDERSTAND. I understand all too well and HATE that this happened.
You never want someone to experience the loss you yourself have had to go through.
I love you friend and send my heart and prayers to you.










2 comments:
I'm so sorry for you both. When you lose someone who is such a big, central part of your family, it tends to make every memory painful. I've been thinking of Aubree a lot today. Those first few days are so hard, but after things settle down and you are expected to get back to your regular routine is the worst. And not everyone knows that you've just lost someone, nor do you want to tell them.
Very well written - and again I'm so very sorry that you have both lost your dads. My heart goes out to you both.
i was right there with ya jen. when you text me about it i felt the same way. immediately. tell aubs we're thinking of her.
Post a Comment